Monday, September 12, 2011

MORE CHICAGO

I was told I had to go to P.O.S.H
Thank you Helen, I am so glad I did.
In 1997 P.O.S.H. opened its doors in Chicago, determined to offer something unique to the consumer that was tired of the "sameness" that had crept into the marketplace of home and table decor. The small shop was met with a warm reception as the search for pieces that haven't been mass-produced for coast-to-coast consumption was shared by many.






"At some point in your life, you want something that is real!" That thought is what drives P.O.S.H. to search high and low for the items that stock its shelves - an eclectic assortment of vintage Hotel Silver, Restaurant China and Flea Market Finds. Found in such disparate places as old American china warehouses to the antique markets and auction houses of Europe, the items sold at here are often one-of-a-kind or limited in quantity. From a vintage silver plate Tea Service once used in an English Country Inn to a beautiful Water Pitcher from a Grand Hotel in New York, many of our pieces tell a romantic story of an age gone by.


My last store visit is to the gift
I love all Museum gift stores but this
is one of my favorites.  They always
have the most creative and different
things you don't see every where.
Great displays and lots of color.


Fun inexpensive rubber watches.

A calendar with a different month
on each of Noah's Ark animals.




I indulged in some fun jewelry.


P.O.S.H
613 N. State Street
312 280 1602

Museum of Contemporary Art
220 E. Chicago Ave.
312 280 2660

No comments:

Post a Comment