Saturday, May 12, 2012

SCOUT @ QUARTERS D

One of the great pleasures in what I do is
meeting and working with creative people.
Paul Scott Silvera is one of those people.
 With his talent and vision he has
created a fabulous new store in San Diego.

His store is part of a major restoration of the
former Naval Training Center in Point Loma.
The property has eight building and houses
 dating  back to 1920, some were used for barracks and
the house where SCOUT at QUARTERS D
is located was the Officer's home.  He is the
 flagship store and there will be other shops that will
make up the arts and cultural district.
On my first meeting with Paul the place was
in major construction and he had me wear
a hard hat on our tour of the house.
We actually had our meeting under
a big tree on the beautiful grounds.

To say I was excited to go to the opening
is an understatement.  I knew it was going
to be special and I wasn't disappointed.
As you walk up the driveway to the
garage entrance there was a cute
new Fiat 500 (which happens to be
my favorite car) greeting you.
Inside sticking out of the sun roof were
DASH AND ALBERT rugs.  I knew I
was in for a treat.
You entered through the garage with
a beautiful indoor outdoor rug on the
floor.  This is no ordinary garage.



On my first visit they were putting in the
windows and they really turned out well.
I think this was my favorite room,
the light coming in and making the
view part of the room.

I was also happy to have a nice showing
of AIDAN GRAY HOME through out
the house.  I will take you for a little tour.








He turned one of the bedrooms into
the DASH AND ALBERT rug room.
I love the way he used the swatch
displays in the four corners of
the room.  They take on a look of
a decorative accessory instead of a fixture.




Another one of the bedrooms is devoted
to FARROW AND BALL the prestigious
and well established English paint company.
A nice patio area leading out to the back
of the house.

Point Loma is at the southern part of San Diego
sitting on a hill and this property has
a spectacular view of the city along
with beautiful grounds.




I know in the weeks and months ahead you will be
reading about this project and also about the
store.  Paul also has a store in Berkeley
where he specializes in staging.

Scout @ Quarters D
2675 Rosecrans Ave.
San Diego, Ca. 92106
619 518 8374

Scout
3088 Claremont Ave.
Berkeley, Ca. 94705
510 595 3400

3 comments:

  1. SALLY WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST AND SHOP
    I LOVE IT PAULANNA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, is that bamboo black coffee table by one of the company's you rep? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it isn't. Contact the store directly.

    ReplyDelete